11.03.2010

The Haircut

You know, I was planing opn writing about the Halloween weekend today, but while I was talking to my mother about the diferent scolarships offered by that the university I intend to go to (btw, I don't qualify for any of them) something HORRIBLE showed up, something so CREEPY that made me change today's subject, cause there's no way I could dedicate a post to anything else...
It was just an ordinary day, I had just returned from my driving lesson, and was talking to my mother and I was about to go study philosofy for the test I have tomorrow, when I hear the entrance door open, after a while I hear my brother asking a question about our conversation (which proved that he didn't understand what we were talking about at all) and while I was in the middle of my answer I saw IT, he had just came throw the door, and my sister and (who were both facing towards the door) immediatly grabed our heads in shock. My mother who had her back facing towards the door, looked at me, and when she saw my face she turned towards the door
-WHAT DID YOU DO TO YOURSELF?!- she screamed while she covered her mouth whith her hands after noticing my brother's shaved head..


--it was something that no one saw coming, and in retrospective I guess maybe I shouldn't have been surprised (I mean it's not like I should have forseen it but maybe it should have seemed a bit more expected to me).. he had been bugging me for the las few months trying to convince mo of geting MY head shaved next year to do a certain cosplay in which I fit perfectly, but I'm not goba shave my head just for a cosplay-it's just hair, it'll grow back in a few months- he said trying to convince me.. and during one of those conversations, I believe he said he was capavle of doing it just to be a little impulsive (which neither of us is)--


-WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?!- my mother asked as her voice got more and more desperate
-why are you geting like this?it's just hair, it'll grow back ina few months- he replied, not understanding by my mother's reaction
-I just don't get what could make you do something like this!- she said in a calmer voice, but starting to sob/cry
-I don't know, maybe cause I could! maybe to do something I never would! maybe to prove my self that I belong only to me.. I did this whithout asking or telling anyone, and it feels good, I know it looks awfull, but in y¡three months it'll be like it used to-
-you lost your mind.. I don't understand why people should do something "they never would"- my mom said looking at him whith a little bit of disgust
-mom, it's his hair, he has the right to do what he wants whith it- my little sister said (it's weird to see her "defending" him)
-she's right, is he stupid, grazy or a moron for doing this? maybe, but it's still his hair- I added


after 1 or 2 minutes he left, and my sister and I kept talking to my mother about it for a short time
-it's not that big a deal, there's no point on geting like this for something so stupid- I said and I kissed her on the forehead
-mom, when you wanted to get your tatoo they -he and my older sis- said you were crazy to get a tatoo at your age, but you did it anyway cause it's your body.. well, it's his hair and he can do what he wants no mather how crazy- my sis added
-yeah, do you believe him crazy? do you think he's stupid for doing this? well go ahead and tell him, but it's still HIS hair- I agreed


My sister didn't come home till a while later, and my mother and my sister told her about it while they drove her home (so I didn't get to see her face of shock when she saw him, cause she never did, and I wasn't there when they told her) but her reaction wasn't as fun as I though it would be (she's very "uptight" when it comes to looks, what she doesn't like she hates..), in fact it was kind of like a more normal version of my mother's reaction, she didn't cry, but she told me she was about to..


I mean, I don't get why he had to do such thing just to make a point (he does look horrible), there are many other ways to prove what he wanted to prove, I believe it was a little stupid of him.. Don't get me wrong, it's his hair, and it's not that big a deal (I mean if he had just cut it because he liked it, I would've just though that he has bad taste, but it turns out he has bad taste and he's an idiot :P) But, I do got to say, that there's a little merrit on what he did, on the fact that he steped outside his comfort zone and did it it's something that I could never do (and I'm not gonna do it just to prove I could, so I'm gonna die thinking I couldn't do it, and I'm just fine that way)




merci!!


P.S: -the bird bites- some of the "quotes" I made may not be totally accurate, it's just the best I could do to recreate the arguement (I don't remember everything ok?!)
Soff, Beth, when you see him act surprised, because he doesn't know I have a blog and I dpn't want him to (and there's no reasonable explanation of why you two know ;)

9 comments:

  1. oh dear..well, I have to admit, when I was in college I shaved my head for a costume party because I was going as a man. My dad didn't cry but he did say something about having the only daughter in the world who would shave her head for a costume (I bet there are more)... but yes, it will grow back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, I know it isn't that big a deal, my mom overreacted (my grandma's gonna have a heart attack when she sees him... we should probably warn her)
    yeap.. your dad may not be exactly right, but there probably aren't many more.. but then again it's you and your a crzy lady ;)
    I mean I respect if other people are willing to shave their heads for a costume (they probably enjoy costuming more than I do- don't get me wrong, I love it just not enough to shave my head)I even have a friend who did (of course it didn't look as bad on him as it does on my brother.. but I DID meet this guy hith his head shaved so maybe it's because of that) - man I just don't know how to shut up and avoid an exsesivly long reply..

    ReplyDelete
  3. ajajaja todo un tema con tu hermano! la verdad me hizo acordar mucho a la mía, una vez que tenía el cabello largo hasta la cintura, decidió teñirse la mitad de la cabeza de azul y verde, y la otra de negro, (la verdad cuando la vi mi expresión fue algo como "OMFG YOU LOOK LIKE A BLUE PEAFOWL!!" era bastante increíble ese color, muy surrealista). La verdad yo nunca pensé en cortarme la cabeza hasta 0 como crazylady, yo lo mas seguro es que a los dos días llegue a extrañar mi cabello y me compre una peluca para no sentir tanto la pérdida, pero muchas veces tuve el arranque de pensar que por ser solo cabello no hay problema con lo que haga con él (inclusive este año lo llegué a experimentar con tinta rosada), pero creo que es algo común ese "reto" a uno mismo de saber hasta que punto uno puede llegar a hacer tal o cual locura, todos lo experimentamos alguna vez.
    Y no te preocupes por lo del blog tu secreto esta conmigo (con Bett-rogue no tengo idea ojo :P ) , la verdad creo que la mitad de la gente que conozco tampoco sabe que tengo un blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ja, me parece que si alguna de mis hnas hacia lo que hizo la tuya de mi casa la echaban! ahor afue asi sin previo aviso tambien? yo creo que infarto..
    no pero la verdad es que es algo que a mi me choca bastante se podria decir que en cierta forma soy muy "conservador" con respecto a mi apariencia (hasta hace poco nunca me habia hecho un cambió de peinado ni nada, mas o menos tuve siempre el mismo peinado, o lo que fue mas o menos una "evolucion" del mismo peinado..)
    si de tu pelo rosado estaba enterado (solo las puntas puede ser?) me gustaría ver eso.. (siempre me desagradaron los colores raros de pelo, xo cuando vi tus puntas fucsia hasta me "cayo bien" ;P
    jaja no se si es tanto un SECRETO, xo que la gente sepa le saca un poco de libertad a la escritura (porque nunca sabes cuando se les va adar x leer)

    ReplyDelete
  5. *Me sumo al club de los blogs cuyos amigos y/o familia no saben de su existencia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Si lo de mi hermana fue algo inminente, creo que hasta nos había dicho que quería tener el pelo azul, pero no todo el cabello! mi madre casi se infarta, luego cuando yo dije que quería tener el cabello rosado fue menor la sorpresa.
    Pasando al otro tema, lo del blog para mi no es como que sea tampoco el "secreto del pentágono" simplemente no me gusta difundirlo demasiado, para mi es como un punto de desahogo muchas veces; de mi familia creo que solo mi hermana sabe que lo tengo y no le da importancia, y de mis amigos la mitad esta olvidado, y como tampoco tiene blog no es algo que tengan presente. Eso si algunas veces me limito la cantidad de cosas a escribir (sobre determinados temas) para no herir la sensibilidad de las demás personas (para eso me compro un diario intimo [y ya tengo uno :P ])

    ReplyDelete
  7. wii uno mas para el club! (?)
    a*: la verdad no creo que mi familia le prestaría mucha atención, pero no me gustaría no poder estar seguro de si lo leen o no.. la única persona que sabe(a de mas de vos y beth) es una de mis 2 mejores amigas (con la otra nunca se dio una situación que de para nombrarlo) y ella lo lee cada tanto (a pesar de no tener ella blog propio)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yo no cuento nada, no worries. No puedo culpar a tu hermano, quizás yo también me cortaría el pelo corto y lo lamentaría a los dos minutos como a*! A veces uno se aburre y necesita un cambio (o como tu hermano, demostrar que puede cambiar) y empezamos por lo más fácil.

    xx

    PS: mi familia (y allegados, porque son todos horriblemente chusmas...)sabe que tengo un blog, pero siempre se olvidan cuál. La url larga ayuda :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. B, la verdad esperaba mas respuestas como la tuya ;) me imagine que mas gente iba a tomar esa postura que comparto solo parcialmente.. la verdad entiendo la necesidad de cambio, (que no es este caso creo) y entiendo la necesidad de probar un punto, solo creo que deben haber mejores formas de hacerlo, es mas no creoq ue haya probado mucho, porque estoy convencido que si le hubiera dicho a alguien, se lo hubiera convencido facilmente de no hacerlo, yo creo que hubiera probado algo si hubiera ido en contra de lo que le digan, hacerlo antes de que nadie te diga que estas loco es mas facil creo yo..

    no se si lo dije en algun otro antes, pero le rescato un lado positivo a todo esto y es que dijo que despues de esto va a dejar de tratar de convencerme de raparme para el cosplay de aang

    ReplyDelete