11.07.2010

Maniatic, Complainant And Unbearable

Maniatic, complainant and unbearable.. yep.. apperently that's what I am.. apparently that'sI've become to my family..
I'm not gonna say that they never complained about anything I did, but it wasn't until today that I realized HOW MUCH they complained..


It started a few hours ago when my younger sister my parents and I were returning from a weekend in Punta del Este.. I don't remember exactly what it was, but I was correcting my sister on something she said and she was all "You know what I ment" and I told her that I honestly didn't and then she started whith her typical "you complain about everything!/you criticize everything" (I got to addmit I do criticize a lot of things, but it's only cause the world if silled whith ilogical and stupid things (specialy on comercials and advertisement) and I just can't bare them and I have to talk about it) I know that I can critcize too much sometimes, but you'd think that after 18 years they would have gotten used to it (iyt's not like I criticize them or anyone else for that matter, I criticize things). Then I started pointing out that she complains about everything I say and my parents sort of dismised the hole discussion which got me even more angry than I already was (becasue I'm sick of her not standing anything I say and of their avoiding the discussions in stead of dealing whith them). So I just plugged my in-ear headphones, grabbed my book and isolated my self..


After a while my sister complains about my gum-chewing and so does my mother (not that they don't have the right it just didn't help whith my anger) and then my father asks me something to which I answered unwillingly, so he complained about my bad mood (I actually wasn't in a bad mood, but his comment got me into it) so I just started complaining (maybe yelling) about how he was saying nonesense because I wasn't in a bad mood, and even if I was I had all the right to be because of how annoying my sister was and of how they avoided the arguments instead of dealing whith them and I also said that I believed that by isolating myself I had handled things pretty well.. this only got me some more dismissal...


We met whith my brother for lunch (by this point I WAS in a bad mood) and my brother and I got into a discussion, but not in a bad way it was more of a debate and at some point where I was being a bit stuburn my father whispered to my brother "let it be" which bothered me cause I knew what he ment by that so I said "sue, don't talk to the crazy guy" and my brother told me (in a bad way) that I was interpeting what I wanted to to which I told him not to be stupid and that I knew what my father ment.


A while later my brother (talking about my aunt) made a coment like "fifeteen minutes whith her are more unbearable than 4 hours whith Remy.. no ofense" to which I answered in a totally serious tone"your an idiot.... no ofense" (in a way I'm happy that I couldn't think of a worse insult cause my parents would have grumpled me instead of laughing asd they did, but I ment to say something worse) and then I limited my self to stay quiet and look angry.. while I did this I got to thinking and I realized that they both had been complaining a lot about me being unbearble..


After a while my father pointe dout my bad mood again, and I said "of course that I'm in a bad mood! Because apparently I'm unbearable to all of you now!" while I was borderline crying to wht he answered "no, how can you say that" in a sympathetic tone "R (my younger sister) complains about averything I say, and N (my brother) comes here and makes that stupid joke, how do you want me not to say it?" my brother made coments about me overreacting (kind of treating me as if I was being overdramatic) to which I answered whith a lot of insults.. since we were at a restaurant my mother said that we should stop arguning and finish talking about this at home (which we didn't do.. OF COURSE) because we were almost yelling


-back at home-
while coming back inside after saying hello to the dogs I noticed my pool towel in the kitchen andt I asked my brother "why is my towel here?" while I layed my hand on it "and wet?" and then I atarted complaining "I've told you a million times not to use it, it's always the same whith you!" and he answered "I just grabb one out pof the shelf I don't look which one!" "how hard is it to check that you're not grabbing mine? you have no respect for other people's property! it'sn the same whith my computer!(which he turns off when he thinks that the ionternet is low)" then we got to arguing and yelling until he said "you are an unbearable maniatic and complainant!" so I threw my shoe at him and left.. ther was some more arguin that ende on him saying "fine, I'm sorry" just to get me to leave him alone..

I'm not gonna say I reacted in the best way in every situation, but I'm just angry because I realized that R and N heve been complaining a lot about me lately, and I don't think I deserve it, sure I have my flaws, but I believe that R should be able to live whith my criticizing since we have to live whith a lot of her flaws.. and N usually complains about my stubbournness which I think is a bit hypocrytical since he is stubbourn too..




Merci!!!!




P.S: -the bird bites- I have to say that my family is probably not as bad as I make it seem in these posts.. and we don't fight as much as it seems, it's just that I usually post only the bad stuff, since I need to let it out..

11 comments:

  1. Nuevamente comento en algo que no me incumbe...Yo también soy de esos que se vive quejando de las cosas y del mundo y me dicen que soy pesimista y yo digo que soy "realista"....pero igual desestresate....hay que saber cuándo reírse de las situaciones y cuando darlas por terminadas antes de que terminen en discusiones...
    Mi consejo: Salí con un grupo de personas divertidas, desestresate y listo....eso te ayuda por una seamana...

    ReplyDelete
  2. estas siempre invitado a meterte (si no lo estuvieras no lo publicaria)
    yo te explico un problema que hay conmigo, a de mas de "realista" como decis vos soy necio, y no puedo quedarme con la palabra en la boca, es algo que me estresa aun mas..
    el consejo es bueno, deci que es dificil aplicarlo un domingo de tarde, igual ya mañana tengo colegio y coexisto con otra gente (si se que suena raro desestresarse en el colegio, pero ta, es el estar con otra gente lo que importa)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Te entiendo totalmente, yo soy de esas personas que si bien puedo tomarme una broma para bien, puedo levantar mucha presión con algunos comentarios (y peor si son en burla hacia mi persona), tengo el recuerdo de hasta llegar a gritar con todos mis pulmones por este tipo de cosas, tengo muy mal carácter poca gente me ha visto enojada al extremo, con el tiempo aprendí que hay cosas que es mejor no darles demasiada importancia. Dudo que tus hermanos y tus padres tengan una imagen de ti como una persona molesta, talvez quejoso, pero de eso tenemos todos.
    Como dijo Wicked, mejor dejarla pasar y ventilarse.

    Y si, esas ocaciones de "estas enojado", "no no estoy enojado", "pero te estas enojando"," no jodas no estoy enojado ¬¬", "ahh mira como te pones!", "TE DIJE QUE NO ESTOY ENOJADO!!" son la cosa más molesta de todas, da un estress....

    ReplyDelete
  4. en eso somos muy parecidos, yo tambien tengo mal caracter a veces (antes era peor) pero no cualquiera llega a verlo, es más creo que nadie afuera de mi casa lo a visto.. la verdad me encantaría creerte en eso de que no me tengan como persona molesta (en realidad solo estoy hablando de mi hna menor y mi hno) porque la verdad mi hno no es la primera vez que me usa como ejemplo de alguien molesto, aunque sea en joda (dicen que las bromas siempre tienen algo de verdad) y yo veo que mi hna en 2 de cada 3 conversaciones que tenemos no soporta lo que le digo.. yo que se, no te digo que les resulto totalmente insoportable, pero si creo que me encuentran mas insoportable de lo que seria normal, o aceptable...

    las cponversaciones de "estas enojado" "no estoy" son horibles, sobre todo porque cuando de verdad no estas enojado te enojan, entonces la otra persona termina teniendo razon, y se termina creyendo que siempre la tuvo (o sea que estabas enojado desde el principio)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Siempre podes contar con el querido Blog para desahogarte :)
    Sobre si reaccionaste bien o mal, son cosas del momento del día de nosotros, es imposible reaccionar bien every single time y las familias son así, es el único lugar en el mundo que podes discutir y pelear con soltura, somos todos iguales en eso :)


    En mi opinión, quejarse de algunas cosas es hasta reconfortante :)
    Perdón que comento poco, estoy media cansada y me voy a dormir. Volveré a pasar :)
    Sofía, over and out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love very post (long OR short) ya con saber que pasate me es suficiente ;)
    me alegra saber que compartimos esa vison del blog

    y si es recomfortante, ya sea x el simple hecho de sacarte de encima las criticas, o por que alguien se te una en la critica

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yo tambien suelo ser bastante critica, y ni me hagas empezar con lo de stubborn (cuando me meto enserio en una discusion, im the worst), asi que si sumas eso a que en mi flia tambien hay integrantes que tienen a temper of their own, te imaginaras que entiendo a que te referis..
    Yo creo que ser critico no es malo, siempre que tengas tus argumentos y lo digas en una bien; realmente si es constructivo, no lo veo como un defecto o como algo que alguien mas se 'tenga que bancar'.
    Mi consejo, de una persona stubborn a otra, es el siguiente: when it comes to arguments or fights, especialmente si son con la flia, choose wisely and only get involved in the fights worth fighting. Cuando se trata de cosas menores, a veces mas vale dejar el orgullo de lado que meterte en una discusion sin fin.
    (Ahora solo me queda seguir mi propio consejo jaja)

    Saludos! Y perdon la intromision

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS: Soy Maru, no Soff. Si, somos dos :o

    ReplyDelete
  9. si generalmente discuto con motivos y casi nunca doy criticas "destructivas" pero anda a hacerle a mi hermana entender eso (una vez le dije que no me gustaba como le quedaba un vestido y que le convenia ponerse otro (y se lo dije por ella xq a mi no me importa si sale vestida horrible) y hay que ver como se calento)
    yo que se, en cierta forma puedo entender que a a alguien le resulte un poco molesto vivir con alguien que critica tan seguido y casi todo lo que ve, pero evntualmente deberian acostumbrarse! xq tampoco es algo tan horrible que yo deberia cambiar

    maru, gracias x pasar! when it comes to my blog, no exite intrometerse, everyone is invited.

    ReplyDelete
  10. vos sabés que yo quiero leerlo, pero el hecho de que esté en inglés me tira un poco para atrás.. no es que no entienda, es que... no sé, me tengo que poner, vaga? totalmente u.u te prometo que en un momento voy a dejar la pereza y todo eso de lado y voy a leer esta entrada :D besito!

    ReplyDelete
  11. espero que puedas salir de tu pereza.. si yo se que la verdad es un poquito una joda que este en ingles, pero cuando empeze el blog lo hice pensando que me encontraria con un publico mas internacional pero al final he tenido un solo comentario de un lector de habla no-latina.. pero ta, perdon pero x ahora no pretendo cambiar el idioma.. :)

    ReplyDelete