7.03.2010

Father & Son -cat stevens-

Bonjour mes amis! 


Truth to be told, i'm not what people call "normal" i've never been. I've never been into sports (even tought i did play soccer until i was 14), i've always hated what is consider popular (at times because of the fact that is pouplar) i've always been into anime, i always liked marvel and dc more than normal, even tough i never was what you can call a fan. 


Obiously beeng like this i eventually got used to some people thinking i'm weird or not understanding me and thats ok with me. But my father isn't as "peculiar" as i am, he played lots of sports back in school and high school, and he still likes watching soccer etc.. Of course that under these circumstances there is not much that we can have in common, in fact we differ in many other aspects.
This and the fact that my father worked late all his life ended up in us not having what can be called the best of relationships, don't get me wrong when i was a kid we did joke arround and sometimes i played soccer with him in fact we once traveled alone together to new york when i was 12 and we had a great time.


But the fact is that most of our relationship consisted of him trying to push me into sports, which was tiresome..
Things where JUST fine between us until a cuple of years ago when my whole family had our biggest discusion ever which was basicly concluded in the fact that the only thing that my father didn't see as perfect in his life was my and my sibilings, specially my brother and i,because we aren't keen of sports and we are geeks wich basically destoyed wathever relationship we had...Of course, he did apologize the day after,but even if i do forgive him, theres still (and there probably always wiil be) something stuck inside of me that won't let me get along as well as i could with him. Because i can deal with other people thinking that i'm weird (i don't even care about that) but to hear my own father say that was just too much...It came to a point where i actually liked it better when he was out working or playing tennis than when he was home with us.. 


Years later i was informed that he was thinking about moving out of the house, because he felt unhappy living with my mother, and because he actually thought that our relationship whith him copuld actually improve with him leaving somewhere else, i honestly belive that there's no reason for him not being able to be happy with my mother, and when we talked about the subject he couldn't really justify why he was leaving, and he kept changing the reasons from discusion to discusion.Of course this didn't but worsen our relationship..


A few months later my sister and I come to dicover that he had another woman, (which my mother already knew about).


 A few weeks after that i come to find out that he was moving back in (after leaving the other woman of course). I wasn't very happy about this, in fact i liked it better with him living somewhere else..and i did get along with him better, not for the reasons HE thougt, but because not seeing him for days med it easy for me to stand his company (which isn't an improvement in the relationship).
A few week after he came back he decided to talk with me and my brother and he told us that we were one of the main reasons that he camed back for, because he wanted to try fixing our relationship,among other things that i didn't quite agree with. 


But in the end it ended up making me feel much better about him and it actually did help our relationship (it's still not the best thing ever but it's ok..)..


So at this point i guess you could say that the relationship between my and my father is better than it's ever been (except for when i was a kid which doesn't really count), and as good as it's gona get.. :) 


Again, to those who readi it MERCI!(i realise it's too long but i can't help gettin carried away :P)specially if you post!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment